1. Miscarriage could happen to you. But you never thought it would.
2. It couldn’t happen to you — you’re too strong.
3. It couldn’t happen to you — you’re not strong enough.
4. If it DID happen to you, it wouldn’t take long to move on.
5. Love must grow with weeks. The later the miscarriage, the longer and harder the grief.
6. In a miscarriage, the baby just sort of disappears . . . there is no labor or contractions involved.
7. You are safe after 12 weeks.
8. If you lost a baby to miscarriage, your friends and family would know exactly how to support you in your sadness.
9. As long as miscarriage happens in the first trimester, the grief can’t be that bad.
10. If you take your vitamins, exercise, plan it out just so, and do everything RIGHT, you are not at risk of a miscarriage.
11. Only unhealthy babies and pregnancies are lost to miscarriage. There are very few other reasons for a loss before 20 weeks.
12. You have control over your body.
13. You would know if something was wrong with your baby.
14. Miscarriage is a bump on the road to family-building. You can always try again.
15. Miscarriage is a tragedy for other people. Not for you . . . Never for you.